[Fixed] Who should run enter scripts?

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
mivlad

Who should run enter scripts?

Post by mivlad »

It seems that enter scripts are ran by the first player only in multiplayer... In real multiplayer I mean, not in a bot game. I hope this is a bug and not a design concept :)
HotWax

Re: Who should run enter scripts?

Post by HotWax »

mivlad wrote:It seems that enter scripts are ran by the first player only in multiplayer... In real multiplayer I mean, not in a bot game. I hope this is a bug and not a design concept :)
Enter scripts should be run by each player as they enter the game, using the entering player as the activator. If you've made a script that prints out a message whenever someone uses it, make sure it sends to everyone, not just the activator, or you won't know it's happening (except for yourself). If that's not the problem and the enter scripts really aren't firing off, then it sounds like a bug.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Fixed. Enter scripts were run with the equivalent of ACS_Execute instead of ACS_ExecuteAlways, so only the first player would execute the enter scripts, and the other players wouldn't because the scripts were already running.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

How long has that been the case? It seems like SkullTag, based on 52, was giving some odd effects.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”