Projectiles and teleport lines

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
The Ultimate DooMer

Projectiles and teleport lines

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Is there any way to get projectiles to cross teleport lines like players do? I know it can be done for decorate projectiles, but is there a bex equivalent for the default projectiles?

(I need this to work, as an important trick I've thought up depends on projectiles being able to teleport via teleport lines and retain speed and direction on the other side)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Yes, you should be able to clear the NOTELEPORT flag with BEX.
The Ultimate DooMer

Here's a snippet of the bex patch:

Code: Select all

Thing 35 (Plasma Bullet)

Bits = NOBLOCKMAP+NOGRAVITY+DROPOFF+MISSILE+PCROSS+IMPACT
and when I tried it the plasma shots just went through the line (which was tested with the player and then flagged 'projectile crosses') and hit the wall. Is there something I'm missing?
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I hope someone can help, i've been trying this for decades
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

Yea try this instead once.

Bits = pcross
I'm pretty sure that's all you need. That's all I've ever had to do. I have been using a dehacked patch for over a year now that is nothing more than.

Thing 34 (Rocket (in air))
bits = floatbob + pcross
I like having a teleportable rocket. Cuz in essence a rocket in real life is matter, and these are matter transporters. I have the floatbob on cuz it adds a little bit of a wind resistance effect. It also helps in deathmatch cuz some people like to jump over your rocket. If they jump they get it in the nuts. If they don't jump they get it in the nuts and the head.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Lumpy wrote:Yea try this instead once.

Bits = pcross
I'm pretty sure that's all you need. That's all I've ever had to do. I have been using a dehacked patch for over a year now that is nothing more than.

Thing 34 (Rocket (in air))
bits = floatbob + pcross
I like having a teleportable rocket. Cuz in essence a rocket in real life is matter, and these are matter transporters. I have the floatbob on cuz it adds a little bit of a wind resistance effect. It also helps in deathmatch cuz some people like to jump over your rocket. If they jump they get it in the nuts. If they don't jump they get it in the nuts and the head.
That really shouldn't make any difference. Both patches set the flags2 field so the NOTELEPORT flag should be cleared.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Got it working :D
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Without looking at the code, either NOBLOCKMAP or MISSILE may have inherently prevented the object from teleporting.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

HotWax wrote:Without looking at the code, either NOBLOCKMAP or MISSILE may have inherently prevented the object from teleporting.

No, they don't.

MISSILE is much less general in ZDoom than in Doom. The flag that prevents teleporting is NOTELEPORT. Otherwise a PCROSS flag wouldn't make much sense, would it?
NOBLOCKMAP excludes an object only from passive collision checking, not from active - i.e. the movement of the projectile is fully checked but no other object can run into a projectile.
The Ultimate DooMer

cutmanmike wrote:Got it working :D
What did you do?
The Ultimate DooMer

Never mind, I got it working for plasma and BFG shots, but it didn't work for rockets, even when there was a huge gap between line and wall.

In any case, it won't work with the complex trick I'm using it for anyway.

Return to “General”