Hell-Forged - Episode 2 (Restarting Eventually)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
neoworm

Re: Hell-Forged - Episode 2 (Corpse Spider completed - P24)

Post by neoworm »

Nice. The cage reminds me Path of Exile which has a monster that is bunch of skeletons inside a cage walking around as a single monster.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

neoworm wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:37 pm The cage reminds me Path of Exile which has a monster that is bunch of skeletons inside a cage walking around as a single monster.
Cyano's original idea was something inspired by Dark Souls 3's Caged Spider enemy. But since the monster was meant to be VERY fast, I didn't keep the cage after it spawns, and flattened it onto its chest. Seems like a better fit.
ActionAlligator

Post by ActionAlligator »

Wow.... that is so incredibly fucking cool, dude! Turbo pinky ambush enemy that keeps coming after you even when it dies is a neat little niche; seems similar to your garmr concept that you scrapped, so it feels cool that it sort of came back into the mix albeit in a different form :)

I know you haven't released hell hounds yet, so if you can't answer no worries, but how do hell hounds differ from these guys (besides not being undead)? Before you added these guys, I assumed hell hounds would be the turbo pinkies. Not that you can't have two turbo pinkies ofc :)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

ActionAlligator wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:12 pm I know you haven't released hell hounds yet, so if you can't answer no worries, but how do hell hounds differ from these guys (besides not being undead)? Before you added these guys, I assumed hell hounds would be the turbo pinkies. Not that you can't have two turbo pinkies ofc :)
The Corpse spider is pretty weak, with 90 health. It moves at a speed of 15/tic - 50% faster than a turbo pinky, and revives itself, like all the undead monsters. The Hellhound has 250 health and is just a regular faster than normal melee monster.
ActionAlligator

Amuscaria wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:53 pm The Corpse spider is pretty weak, with 90 health. It moves at a speed of 15/tic - 50% faster than a turbo pinky, and revives itself, like all the undead monsters. The Hellhound has 250 health and is just a regular faster than normal melee monster.
Ahhh, I see ty. So corpse spider is punier turbo pinky on crack and hellhound is pinky on a little bit of steroids :D Very interesting
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Hellhound/Bloodhund sculpt. Based on the Hellhound sketch by Collin Portratz from Hellstorm, but remove the shaggy hair from the body to make it fit more with the hairless Vampire theme. Going to experiment with the ZBrush layers to see if I can use layers for colors, so I can render out a alternate black version that's more in line with the original design from the Hellstorm mod. If not then I'll just go with this.

ActionAlligator

Awooooo, hellhounds of hell-forged.... awooooooooo
Anyways, good doggy! :D Very nice once again!
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Who exactly are the Soul Harvesters' masters? Is it the Nephilim?
Gez

Post by Gez »

Speaking of Hell Hound concepts, I'm sure you know this one too.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Doominer441 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:26 am Who exactly are the Soul Harvesters' masters?
There was a larger undead demon monster that was supposed to be the mini-boss for the spirit-type enemies that used the reaper. It was originally meant to be the the masters for the Soul Harvester. I've replaced it with the Dread Knight, so now it just generic hell bosses. Might add it back later on.
Gez wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:38 am Speaking of Hell Hound concepts, I'm sure you know this one too.
Wasn't aware of that one, no. Don't know much about Doom 64. The current one I have is based solely on the old Demon Eclipse extra monster, that's been uploaded to R667, that was originally meant for Hellstorm.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Been out for a week visiting family. Hellhound animation test - the model wasn't made correctly so gave me a lot of issues while posing. The proportions weren't exactly correct and was more human-like than canine. The result was some Hyena looking thing. The sprint animation looks really stiff from this angle for some reason.
ActionAlligator

Amuscaria wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:32 pm The proportions weren't exactly correct and was more human-like than canine.
That can be creepy in a good way sometimes :D
Amuscaria wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:32 pm The sprint animation looks really stiff from this angle for some reason.
Yeah, it does :( But creature still looks good overall! This model/animation is still a work-in-progress or did you resolve the issues? Maybe just going to fix in spriting stage or something?
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

I'm fixing the sprint animation. Otherwise its finalized.
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

I think the proportions being less dog-like help it look more monstrous! A lot of hellhounds I've seen just look like dogs of another color (even two-headed dogs are kind of stale by now imo). Your beastie looks nice and horrific, it actually kind of reminds me of the thylacine.
ActionAlligator

Amuscaria wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:04 pm I'm fixing the sprint animation. Otherwise its finalized.
Nice! :D Giving Doom a hellhound really feels right :P I hope your Doomguy isn't a jazz player, though? xD

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”