[ZScript] 3D Platform Actor (v2.2b)

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Fishytza
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: [ZScript] 3D Platform Actor (v2.0)

Post by Fishytza »

doomzie wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:18 am SetThingSpecial(intExitFloorCubeTID,"MagicCubeExitFloor",0,0,0,0,intExitFloorSpecialHolder);
Is that an ACS script?

Try: SetThingSpecial(intExitFloorCubeTID, ACS_NamedExecute, "MagicCubeExitFloor");
Fishytza

Post by Fishytza »

Regarding your sound issue.

Your diesel actor redefined the Spawn state sequence thus avoiding calling StartSoundSequence() in the first place.
That's why it didn't play the sound.
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

FishyClockwork wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:18 pm
doomzie wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:18 am SetThingSpecial(intExitFloorCubeTID,"MagicCubeExitFloor",0,0,0,0,intExitFloorSpecialHolder);
Is that an ACS script?

Try: SetThingSpecial(intExitFloorCubeTID, ACS_NamedExecute, "MagicCubeExitFloor");
Yes =)

SetThingSpecial(intExitFloorCubeTID,ACS_NamedExecute,"MagicCubeExitFloor",0,0,0,intExitFloorSpecialHolder); // WINNER
Fishytza

Post by Fishytza »

I looked at the cube setup. Very impressive. So one thing is, you're trying to do z movement + mirroring?
Ok, that's a problem because mirroring behaviour pretty much mirrors everything.

Meaning as your main platform tries to go up, the mirror platform will try to go down instead. If one of them can't complete the move then they're both stuck. (Likewise, if it tried to go down the mirror will try to go up instead.)

You probably need to rethink your setup.
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

FishyClockwork wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:16 pm I looked at the cube setup. Very impressive. So one thing is, you're trying to do z movement + mirroring?
Ok, that's a problem because mirroring behaviour pretty much mirrors everything.

Meaning as your main platform tries to go up, the mirror platform will try to go down instead. If one of them can't complete the move then they're both stuck. (Likewise, if it tried to go down the mirror will try to go up instead.)

You probably need to rethink your setup.
Ah yes of course! No problem then! You're right. Oh man it can get confusing sometimes =)) Ok thanks a lot.
So obviously I need to deflag the MIRROR at that point, but keep the crossgroup..
Sorry man. This should then be resolved in the coming hours/days. I'll confirm it later.
Thanks for looking at it =) I really thought it was going to be a bug, but eh lol =)

Edit: nope, I see, at that point you can't take any advantage of either grouping or mirroring and you need to MoveAndRotate each cube of each pillar individually to have the effect I wanted to achieve, I think. Since everything is stacked vertically. All right, I think I get it. Ok, moving on I guess.
Last edited by doomzie on Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

FishyClockwork wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:55 pm Regarding your sound issue.

Your diesel actor redefined the Spawn state sequence thus avoiding calling StartSoundSequence() in the first place.
That's why it didn't play the sound.
Checking ..

Cleaned it up. It works. Finally. Thanks so much Fishy. I just couldn't find it.
Fishytza

Post by Fishytza »

Is the youtube recording still happening?
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

FishyClockwork wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 8:15 am Is the youtube recording still happening?
Yes =). Should probably upload some first bits this weekend.
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

Just a quick update: I'm busy with the YT vids and a bit behind schedule =). I already set up a new account specifically for doom editing recordings and I intend to publish them this time, so I'm doing some minor video editing work, to make it less RAW and cut out some jank recording moments. First recordings should be online this week.

edit: What version do you want me to use for the versions 1.1.1+ ? Still present it as 1.1.1 or already 2.0 ? or 1.1.1+ ? I've got like 6 1.1.1+ versions..
Do you have any preference? The title will be baked into the video.

greetz
Fishytza

Post by Fishytza »

The latest version? v2.0
There's no point with the older versions.
Fishytza

Re: [ZScript] 3D Platform Actor (v2.0.1)

Post by Fishytza »

Actually, I think it's time the fixed slope bug is in the latest release.

So have v2.0.1: https://github.com/FishyClock/3Dplatfor ... tag/v2.0.1

EDIT: And just to be clear. Having test maps is preferable to videos if you intend to demonstrate (possible) bugs.
Having videos or test maps is always better than trying to describe a problem. I usually can't debug things just from description alone.
doomzie

Post by doomzie »

No need for specific debugging or any specific action.

You and others who are interested, can now just check what I've been able to do with 3D Platform.

My new youtube account dedicated to GZDoom:

Last uploaded recording was done on March 24, 2023 (before official 2.0 release), so fairly recent.

I'll soon upload some recordings of an actual WIP map with heavy usage of 3D Platform in a more polished setting. I'll label these recordings as 3DP v2.0.

greetz,
doomzie

edit:
link removed, recordings deleted.
Last edited by doomzie on Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishytza

Post by Fishytza »

So, I have watched all your videos. You've got some interesting and imaginative set pieces, I'll give you that.
But there is one thing I find extremely problematic.

Today I learned that "Dash" (the spinning blue logo-thing in your videos) is some form of cryptocurrency.

I want to be very clear here. I do not condone any cryptocurrencies whatsoever as a matter of principle and I am incredible uncomfortable having my name shown in a video that casually advertises one.

Therefore, I do not wish to associate with you anymore, doomzie. We're done.
Fishytza

Re: [ZScript] 3D Platform Actor (v2.0.1b)

Post by Fishytza »

I have changed the license to GPL v3.0
Besides that, this release is the same as v2.0.1
https://github.com/FishyClock/3Dplatfor ... ag/v2.0.1b

Considering some of the code is copypasted from gzdoom and the fact that I have no desire trying to come up with similar code that produces the same results (ie. reinventing the wheel), I had no choice but to change the license from MIT to GPL.

This was done to make it less of a legal headache for anyone that wants to use this library in a commercial game that uses the gzdoom engine. (Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.)

The old pre-GPL releases will remain for the purpose of historic preservation.
DoomKrakken

Re: [ZScript] 3D Platform Actor (v2.0.1b)

Post by DoomKrakken »

ARGENT ENERGY TOWER LET'S GOOOOOOOOOO!

Return to “Script Library”