Non-enemy sprite (x) in the enemy sprite list.

Blackgrowl
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Non-enemy sprite (x) in the enemy sprite list.

Post by Blackgrowl »

Hello. I seem to get this problem when I play "No Hope in Sight" from here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/no-hope-in-s ... o-update-2
and "Eviction" from here: https://www.moddb.com/mods/eviction-add ... ter-update

I load these mods by first removing anything outside of the mod's folders, like the readme and links to stuff, then dragging the .zip into RAZE itself.
It loads fine and the menu indicates the new Episodes from the mods, but the moment I load it, I get an error that simply states:

"Non-enemy sprite (some numbers go here) in the enemy sprite list."

Seems that because of that I can't play these two mods, which is sad since they're one of the best.
What is causing this issue?
Phredreeke

Re: Non-enemy sprite (x) in the enemy sprite list.

Post by Phredreeke »

I assume it's related to customdude

I know people have managed to run these on Raze before though, so you might want to try earlier versions
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The changes causing this were already rolled back. It was an initial attempt to do script exports for Blood and SW, but as things turned out, the way these games work a lot more care needs to be taken with it and I'm unsure it's worth all the effort.

But in the end I have no idea how the customdude stuff will fare. I made an update to v2, waiting in a work branch, but this stuff is exceedingly hard to test because it's such a random hodgepodge of features with no clear structure.
Blackgrowl
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Blackgrowl »

Guess I have no choice but to hope whoever is making "customdude" finally sets a proper, stable instructions set.

Return to “General”