Anhanga, the Blood Club

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ravick

Anhanga, the Blood Club

Post by Ravick »

(It is actually my first vanilla map! =D )

Anhanga, the Blood Club, lies just ahead. It's time for club members to donate some blood. This time, their!

Hi there!

Anhangá is a map in Doom format, occupying the slot E3M1.
Expect an "adventure" map, kinda long and a little more linear then a regular Doom map. Any switches or so will open level progression close to where the player is, and also give hints so the player know where to go. The player must fight he's way trough the 'Blood Club' in order to get to the next Castle. Because of the nature of the project it was made for (see bellow) it has a few Sigil mechanics, just as shoot sigil eye's and teleport in skull rocks.

It uses only assets from Doom.wad and should be compatible with nearly any source port. The screenshots were taken with Gzdoom, but it was tested with ChocolateDoom 3.0.1, CripsyDoom 6.0, PrBoom 2.5, DSDA Doom 0.27, Edge 1.35, Zandronum 3.1 and GZDoom 4.11.3. It should open well even on Doom.exe.

It was made for a (yet to release) community project that makes tribute to Sigil. However, map authors are free to post their maps as solo releases as well. We're not supposed to 'copy' Sigil's style, but just to allude to it. So, each map has its author's style, but with references to Sigil here and there. I've enjoyed this first experience with vanilla mapping (I had just mapped for Gzdoom and Zandronum before) so I decided to post the map to see if people likes it.

Screenshots:
You can check some screenshots bellow, or in my post about Anhangá at imgur.
Spoiler:
Download:

The map can be downloaded both at BrDoom and IdGames.
VICE

Re: Anhanga, the Blood Club

Post by VICE »

A bloody good map. The detailing, some of the larger door designs, and the lighting, are particularly good.
Monster placement is on point, though I wish the end room had more enemies.
Overall this whole map is a great way to kill 20 minutes.

Toto was a nice touch, lol.
Ravick

Re: Anhanga, the Blood Club

Post by Ravick »

Thank you, Vice! :D
VICE wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:07 am I wish the end room had more enemies.
I'll keep this tip in mind for my future maps. :)

Return to “Levels”