Caverns of Darkness
|Caverns of Darkness|
|Author||The Chaos Crew|
|Link|| Caverns of Darkness at Doomworld/idgames|
CoD compatibility patch at Doomworld/idgames
Caverns of Darkness is a mod originally created for a custom version of MBF, entitled "COD Engine", included in the archive. Because it uses non-standard effects, and its source code is not available, Caverns of Darkness cannot be played in most source ports. However, Graf Zahl created a compatibility patch that allows to play this mod in ZDoom.
How to play this mod in ZDoom
- Download both the mod (cc_cod.zip) and the compatibility patch (cod_zd.zip) from the /idgames archives.
- Extract cod-zd.pk3 from cod_zd.zip.
- Extract COD.WAD and CODLEV.WAD from cc_cod.zip.
- Open cod-zd.pk3 with an archiver, then drag and drop COD.WAD and CODLEV.WAD inside.
- You can now play cod-zd.pk3 as if it were a normal ZDoom mod.
- The Chaos Crew Homepage (no longer maintained)