|Warning: This feature does not work in ZDoom but in its OpenGL children ports.|
The shader options menu allows to choose whether or not to use pixel shaders for special effects. Its MENUDEF name is GLShaderOptions. These settings are only followed if the hardware's support of shaders is limited to shader model 3. A better hardware (supporting shader model 4 or newer) will always use shaders; a worse hardware (limited to shader model 2) will never use them.
- Enable brightness maps (On/Off)
- Enables or disables brightmaps, also known as glowmaps. These let parts of a sprite, flat or texture retain a brightness above that of the rest of the image. Brightmaps are automatically constructed when a color index is identical at all brightness levels of the COLORMAP (an effect used in Strife and Harmony), but custom brightmaps can be defined through GLDEFS with greyscaled images. The brighter a pixel is on the greyscaled brightmaps, the closer to full brightness its corresponding part on the source image will remain.
- Shaders for texture warp (On/Off)
- Shaders for fog (On/Off)
- Enables or disables the use of shaders to handle fog.
- Shaders for colormaps (On/Off)
- Enables or disables the use of shaders to handle colormaps.
- Shaders for glowing textures (On/Off)