A_WeaponReady [(int flags)]
A_WeaponReady is responsible for weapon bobbing and checking the fire keys and weapon changing keys. This function should be called in a weapon's “Ready” state so the weapon can be fired. The function can also be called in other states to allow a player to re-fire at any point.
Keep in mind that when A_WeaponReady is called, the sprite will accumulate a bobbing animation for around half a second if the player is in motion.
In case parts of this behavior are undesired, the following flags can be used:
- WRF_NOBOB: The weapon's HUD sprites will not bob.
- WRF_NOFIRE: The weapon will not be made ready for firing (same as WRF_NOPRIMARY|WRF_NOSECONDARY).
- WRF_NOSWITCH: The weapon will not be made ready for deselection (and so cannot be switched off until the next call to A_WeaponReady without that flag).
- WRF_DISABLESWITCH: Prevents from deselecting the weapon entirely until the next call to A_WeaponReady. NOSWITCH puts deselection on hold, whereas DISABLESWITCH cancels the deselection entirely.
- WRF_NOPRIMARY: The weapon will not be ready for its normal fire.
- WRF_NOSECONDARY: The weapon will not be ready for its alternate fire.
- WRF_ALLOWRELOAD: The weapon will jump to the "Reload" state if the reload key is currently being pressed.
- WRF_ALLOWZOOM: The weapon will jump to the "Zoom" state if the zoom key is currently being pressed.
- WRF_ALLOWUSER#: The weapon will jump to the "User#" state defined, where # can be a number from 1-4.
Ready: WEAP A 1 A_WeaponReady //Makes the weapon ready to fire Loop Fire: WEPF A 4 WEPF B 4 WEPF C 4 A_WeaponReady(WRF_NOBOB|WRF_NOSWITCH) //Allows the weapon to refire, but without any weapon bobbing or switching WEPF D 4 WEPF E 4 Goto Ready