These console commands are primarily used during multiplayer games.
See the CCMDs article for general information on how to use commands.
- Enters message entry mode. Anything typed while in this mode will be sent to everyone else as if you had used the say command once you press enter.
- This is just like messagemode except that the message is only sent to other members of your team. If teamplay is false or you don't have a team, then this command will work just like messagemode and send the message to everyone.
- say <message>
- Sends a message to everyone playing. If your message begins with "/me" then "/me" will be replaced by your name ala IRC.
- say_team <message>
- This is just like say except it only sends a message to your teammates. If teamplay is inactive, then this command will act exactly like say and send the message to everyone.
- During a cooperative game or while watching a multiplayer demo, this command will switch your view to the next player.
- During a cooperative game or while watching a multiplayer demo, this command will switch your view to the previous player.
- addbot [name]
- Spawns a bot. If name is given, the corresponding bot in bots.cfg will be spawned. Otherwise, a bot will be picked at random from bots.cfg.
- Lists the bots available in bots.cfg, and indicates which are currently playing.
- Removes any bots from the game. Bots will also be automatically removed from network games when the arbitrator quits.
Controllers are users other than the host who are granted access to change maps and control other game settings as if they were the host. Only the host can make use of these commands.
- net_addcontroller <player>
- Adds a player to the list of controllers who are able to change game settings.
- net_removecontroller <player>
- Removes a player from the list of controllers.
- Lists the current controllers.