||Note: Wait! Stop! Before you copy this actor's definition into your mod, remember the following things:
- You do not need to copy that actor, since it is already defined.
- In fact, it's not just useless, it's actually harmful as it can cause problems.
- If you want to modify it, or use a modified version, using inheritance is the way to go.
- The actor definitions here are put on the wiki for reference purpose only. Learn from them, don't copy them.
- There is only one exception: if what you want is changing Ammo capacity, you need to create a new type from Ammo.
|BFG9000 plasma ball
Projectile that is launched from Doom and Doom 2's BFG9000 weapon. With 100 damage and damaging tracers, this is easily the most powerful projectile in Doom.
The BFG tracers will create green splashes on the monsters, making it easy to see which targets were actually hit. The weapon also defines a damage type, which is "BFGSplash", which is defined in the aforementioned splashes.
||Note: The ZScript definition below is for reference and may be different in the current version of GZDoom.The most up-to-date version of this code can be found here.
class BFGBall : Actor
BFS1 AB 4 Bright;
BFE1 AB 8 Bright;
BFE1 C 8 Bright A_BFGSpray;
BFE1 DEF 8 Bright;
||Note: This is legacy code, kept here for reference only. DECORATE is still supported but no longer used by GZDoom. GZDoom internally uses the ZScript definition above.
BFS1 AB 4 Bright
BFE1 AB 8 Bright
BFE1 C 8 Bright A_BFGSpray
BFE1 DEF 8 Bright