||Note: Wait! Stop! Before you copy this actor's definition into your mod, remember the following things:
- You do not need to copy that actor, since it is already defined.
- In fact, it's not just useless, it's actually harmful as it can cause problems.
- If you want to modify it, or use a modified version, using inheritance is the way to go.
- The actor definitions here are put on the wiki for reference purpose only. Learn from them, don't copy them.
- There is only one exception: if what you want is changing Ammo capacity, you need to create a new type from Ammo.
|Creature detection power
PowerScanner is an internal class. An item of this class is placed in the player's inventory while he is having the effect of Strife's Scanner item. While in effect, the player's automap will show actors unless the (NOTONAUTOMAP flag is used on said actors) as well as map geometry. This is the same effect seen when using the map cheat ("IDDT") twice. Note that currently this powerup will not function unless the player posesses a MapRevealer-type item such as Doom's Computer Area Map.
Like all other Powerups items of this class are never used directly. Instead you have to create a new item that inherits from PowerupGiver to give it to the player.
ACTOR PowerScanner : Powerup native