||Note: Wait! Stop! Before you copy this actor's definition into your mod, remember the following things:
- You do not need to copy that actor, since it is already defined.
- In fact, it's not just useless, it's actually harmful as it can cause problems.
- If you want to modify it, or use a modified version, using inheritance is the way to go.
- The actor definitions here are put on the wiki for reference purpose only. Learn from them, don't copy them.
- There is only one exception: if what you want is changing Ammo capacity, you need to create a new type from Ammo.
The base class used for special map points that must be part of a collection where a single element can be chosen randomly. The Icon of Sin in Doom II, D'Sparil and the firemace in Heretic all use this in different ways.
- The Icon of Sin regularly spits boss cubes at a randomly-chosen BossTarget.
- D'Sparil, once his mount is dead, will often teleport to a randomly-chosen BossSpot. The more wounded he is, the more likely he'll decide to teleport.
- Only one firemace can be present in a level, so it will appear at a randomly-chosen MaceSpawner. Except in deathmatch, the mace only has a 75% chance of appearing at all.
ACTOR SpecialSpot native
action native A_SpawnSingleItem(class<Actor> type, int fail_sp = 0, int fail_co = 0, int fail_dm = 0);