Downloading the ZDoom Wiki
Instructions for downloading the ZDoom Wiki so that is viewable off-line:
- Download HTTrack from the HTTrack Homepage: http://www.httrack.com
- Configure the filter under the "Scan Rules" tab in the Set Options menu to include this:
- In the "Spider" tab, make sure the drop-down field containing "robots.txt" is set to "no robots.txt rules", and make sure that the “Force old HTTP/1.0 requests (no 1.1)” box is checked.
- Point HTTrack to the following web address: http://www.zdoom.org/wiki
- Run HTTrack.
The program will rip all the pages from the site and store them in a directory on your hard drive. Download times will vary, depending on your connection, anywhere between two minutes to an hour.
After that, you can browse the ZDoom Wiki off-line just like you would online.
If you have wget installed, you can also use the following command to download the wiki:
wget -rk http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/Main_Page
Failure to properly configure your web leaching program is liable to get you blocked from the site. If I see that there is unusually high network traffic for hours, and when I check my logs, I see that somebody is downloading every single page on the wiki, including discussion pages, edit pages, history pages, and every special page possible, I will block them at my own discretion. - Randy Heit (talk) 19:34, 18 January 2015 (CST)
- ↑Configuration and settings obtained from Grubber.