203:Generic_Lift (tag, speed, delay, type, height)
- tag: Tag of affected sector, or 0 to use the line's back side.
- speed: Lift's movement speed. Doom's standard lifts move at 32, and blazing lifts move at 64.
- delay: Octics before reversing direction. Doom waits for 24 octics (3 seconds).
- type: Specifies what type of platform this is; see below.
- height: Distance to move; only used when target is 0.
This special encapsulates Boom's generalized lifts.
Because the largest values used in Boom maps could not fit in tics in the Hexen map format, this generalized special uses values in octics. For reference, the following table provides equivalence for the values available in Boom. Use the values from the octics column. You can also use any arbitrary value you want.
|3||105||24||Equivalent to vanilla lift delay|
|Value||Target||Default sound sequence|
|2||Plat_DownToNearestFloor (does not exist as an explicit action special)||Platform|
|3||Plat_DownToLowestCeiling (does not exist as an explicit action special)||Platform|
|Note: This article lists no examples. If you make use of this feature in your own project(s) or know of any basic examples that could be shared, please. This will make it easier to understand for future authors seeking assistance. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.|