- 1 Beginning Discussion
- 2 Latest version of zdoom
- 3 Vandals
- 4 Upload files
- 5 Latest ZDoom
- 6 Image
- 7 Command-line parameters
- 8 Other zdoom ports
- 9 Useless/out of place links on the front page
- 10 New ZDoom version?
- 11 Question about the ZDoom forums
- 12 Major spam problems
- 13 Help!
- 14 Web host change
- 15 Instructions for compile seem to have a mistake
- 16 Hello everybody
- 17 New skulltag version released
- 18 WHY DOESN'T THE FORUM LET ME IN
- 19 Captcha system isn't working
Awesome! This is just like Wikipedia! Bloodshedder 11:37, 4 Jan 2004 (PST)
- heh, that's because I recommended he use mediawiki :) Sargebaldy 12:24, 4 Jan 2004 (PST)
- heh, don't use space to indent, use a colon. Bloodshedder
- i sure hope this honor system works out... BioHazard
- Hmmm, why is the logo back to a flower? What happened to Doomguy? --Insertwackynamehere 18:55, 6 Dec 2004 (PST)
- i alphabetized the selected links, but it seems odd not having the class articles next to one another. however, it looks even odder having everything almost alphabetized just for the sake of keeping them next to each other. anyone have any suggestions? Sargebaldy 12:16, 8 Feb 2004 (PST)
This list is getting huge. Some of these are useless for a main page, why not move some eh? I would but I might get complaints cause i'm not 1337 enough. - Cutty
^^^My wish is your command Chilvence 22:16, 2 Dec 2004 (PST)
Latest version of zdoom
"... 2.0.91" is not correct. It must be "... 2.0.92"
Heh, nice new logo
So, does anybody with more Mediawiki experience than me know how to find the IPs the vandal(s?) is using? A user ban is pretty pointless when they can just reregister with a different name. Randy Heit 14:48, 29 Jan 2005 (PST)
Try searching the real wiki? It has info on everything else so I don't see why it won't have info about itself :P --Cutty 17:26, 31 Jan 2005 (PST)
If anyone reads this, hi. Is it possible to upload zipped wads? I have made a sort of extensive example map for various ceiling actions and I can't seem to upload it or link to it. I don't really have a good place to host it myself. Can this be fixed? It would really help in my quest to add examples for every function. Dr Ian 20:22, 26 Sep 2005 (PDT)
Try gimehost or /idgames. --Doomguy0505 23:48, 29 November 2006 (PST)
Fixed the broken link to the latest version (the "latest" command-thingy wasn't working so I just replaced it with a direct hyperlink). --UndeadSocrates 08:35, 4 Nov 2005 (PST)
- Okay, I changed it back to the Latest command now. For future reference, you can change the link to the latest version at Template:Latest.
I liked the old [ [ doomguyhead ] ] image better. This one...well I'm just not sure what those things are supposed to be. Looks like some sprites with deformed legs? I dunno, I think it's too cluttered. The old one was cooler.
- It's doomguy's head, Hexen cleric, Heretic player, Hexen mage, Strife player and Hexen fighter sprites - it represents ZDoom's capability of playing all of these games IMO --Grubber 05:34, 13 Mar 2006
Command line parameters do not seem to be documented anywhere. The "installation and execution" link does not give a list of parameters. Jdorje 16:03, 28 April 2006 (PDT)
Other zdoom ports
Do we need this? It really doesn't NEED to be on the front page does it?
Does anyone else think that his page should be locked from editing? We've had so many people changing the format, including useless pages or pages which belong elsewhere etc. Cutty 07:59, 5 February 2007 (PST)
- You mean formalize the main page with the esstienals, lock it, and then dump all the cut stuff onto the community portal page in a desperate attempt to get it some use? It would never catch on. Zippy 15:58, 6 February 2007 (PST)
Eh? No no what I mean is lock it as it is to prevent people changing the format incorrectly and adding links that don't belong. Even if it's locked I think Grubber and Randy can still add to it if any edits are nessacery.
New ZDoom version?
The latest svn build says 2.1.8, though the downloads and main page say 2.1.7 --Doomguy0505 23:42, 24 March 2007 (PDT)
- 2.18 isn't officially released. Ergo, the main page stays as 2.1.7. -- TheDarkArchon 12:38, 10 April 2007 (PDT)
Question about the ZDoom forums
Hello. Normally I wouldn't dare clutter up a Wiki talk page with something not-particularly-Wiki-relevant such as this, but this is the only ZDoom related place I can find where I can ask this question. (Except for the forums, of course, but therein lies my troubles.) I was wondering, why has registering been disabled on the ZDoom forums? I was just about to do just that today to ask an editing question (And perhaps post about a lame personal project I'm working on) only to find out I can't. Judging from the join dates, it seems registering has been disabled for nearly a month now. However, a cursory glance of all the recent threads doesn't reveal a reason as to why this is. I was expecting a sticky or something, but alas, no dice. Will joining ever be re-opened again, or is this a permanent change? MarphyBlack 04:45, 30 June 2007 (PDT)
- <Comment had been rendered pointless ever since registering had been re-enabled, and thus removed.> Gez 17:35, 13 October 2007 (CDT)
Major spam problems
I would highly recommend instituting a captcha system, at the absolute least for user registration, as the level of spam in the last few days has become quite ridiculous. As annoying as captchas may be, they beat this crap. [EDIT] Also, if that doesn't go as planned, I would suggest locking the entire wiki (or at least all of the article pages) until this spam issue can be resolved. [/EDIT] --Loki 11:41, 1 July 2007
- I agree. Anybody who has FTP access should look into these MediaWiki extensions - ConfirmEdit, ReCAPTCHA, and SpamBlacklist. -- Noobland2, 5 July 2007
- We could also force email confirmation --Doomguy0505 20:38, 27 July 2007 (CDT)
Umm... how do I register for zdoom? -Unsigned by User:Nerdking13
- o0 Are you kidding? Chameleon 11:44, 12 October 2007 (CDT)
If you don't know how to register, you shouldn't... --Doomguy0505 00:01, 5 November 2007 (CST)
Web host change
Added a red box saying the site may not work. Yay me for trying to help ;) --Jallamann 14:07, 5 November 2007 (CST)
And it's removed again seeing as it probably works for pretty much everyone. --Jallamann 00:55, 7 November 2007 (CST)
Instructions for compile seem to have a mistake
Where it says to "makedir release" then "cd release" - this must be wrong...how can you compile from within this directory?? I think it should just say "mkdir release" then continue the instructions (that is stay in the "trunk" directory). Am I wrong?
Does anyone know how to see the monsters on the 2D map like it is in the map for doom2 and legacy?
Hi i'm new to sign for Zdoom wiki. My question is: i have wads, i'd like to publish them on this site. Does the wad needs really to be famous or famous author or something, cuz i never published wads before, thank you for reading and answer please. —Preceding unsigned comment added by C30N9 (talk • contribs)
- Not really, though poorly-written articles may be deleted. --Gez 14:50, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
Ok thank you for answering. --C30N9
New skulltag version released
There is a new skulltag version (98c) released on July 11,2010 Someone should change the skulltag page not me because i don't know what version of Zdoom it's about --C30N9
- Still the same: r1551. --Gez 06:34, 11 October 2010 (CDT)
WHY DOESN'T THE FORUM LET ME IN
IT SAYS I HAVE TO DO A CAPTCHA, BUT THERE IS NONE! Koverhbarc 18:36, 16 February 2011 (CST)
Is it? Note that a CAPTCHA is a "Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart" and nothing in this definition requires an image. "What is the second word in this sentence" is a CAPTCHA.
Captcha system isn't working
it isn't allowing me to post a create new pages. I've tried 5 times, correctly click on all the cats but it keeps reverting me back to the edit page.Theunbeholden (talk) 03:15, 10 September 2013 (CDT)