||Note: Wait! Stop! Before you copy this actor's definition into your mod, remember the following things:
- You do not need to copy that actor, since it is already defined.
- In fact, it's not just useless, it's actually harmful as it can cause problems.
- If you want to modify it, or use a modified version, using inheritance is the way to go.
- The actor definitions here are put on the wiki for reference purpose only. Learn from them, don't copy them.
- There is only one exception: if what you want is changing Ammo capacity, you need to create a new type from Ammo.
The spectre is effectively the same as the demon, with the difference that it is rendered with the "fuzzy" partial invisibility effect. This can optionally be changed with the r_drawfuzz and (in OpenGL renderers) gl_fuzztype console variables.
||Note: The ZScript definition below is for reference and may be different in the current version of GZDoom.The most up-to-date version of this code can be found here.
class Spectre : Demon
||Note: This is legacy code, kept here for reference only. DECORATE is still supported but no longer used by GZDoom. GZDoom internally uses the ZScript definition above.
ACTOR Spectre : Demon
HitObituary "$OB_SPECTREHIT" // "%o was eaten by a spectre."