Creating new inventory items
From ZDoom Wiki
Inventory items are special actors that can be picked up and/or placed into a player's or monster's inventory.
To define an inventory item you have to inherit from one of the predefined inventory classes:
- Inventory - used for items without special function.
- PowerupGiver - used for items that give a special powerup to the player
- Health - used for items that immediately increase the player's health
- HealthPickup - used for items that are placed in the inventory and give health when being used.
- BasicArmorPickup - used for armor items
- BasicArmorBonus - used for items that increase the amount of armor
- Ammo - used for ammunition items
- Weapon - used for weapons
- Key - used for keys
- PuzzleItem - used for Puzzle items.
- WeaponPiece - used for weapon pieces. These are used to create weapons that have to be put together from more than one item.
- MapRevealer - used to give the player the automap
- Backpack - used to increase the player's ammo carrying capacity.
- CustomInventory - used to define items with simple DECORATE based behavior.
- FakeInventory - used to replicate simple pickups like the ones defined with the old DECORATE definitions.