||Note: Wait! Stop! Before you copy this actor's definition into your mod, remember the following things:
- You do not need to copy that actor, since it is already defined.
- In fact, it's not just useless, it's actually harmful as it can cause problems.
- If you want to modify it, or use a modified version, using inheritance is the way to go.
- The actor definitions here are put on the wiki for reference purpose only. Learn from them, don't copy them.
- There is only one exception: if what you want is changing Ammo capacity, you need to create a new type from Ammo.
The phoenix rod has radically different uses whether it's used with or without a tome of power. In its normal mode, it fires a long-distance, explosive projectile but with the tome it turns into a short-range flamethrower.
ACTOR PhoenixRod : Weapon native
action native A_FirePhoenixPL1();
WPHX A -1
PHNX A 1 A_WeaponReady
PHNX A 1 A_Lower
PHNX A 1 A_Raise
PHNX B 5
PHNX C 7 A_FirePhoenixPL1
PHNX DB 4
PHNX B 0 A_ReFire